posting a review for this AMV here as well as on animemusicvideos.org
Lately I haven't been finding too many AMVs that just really blew me away. By combining perfect quality video and audio to some amazing scenes, Funky-kun has done just that in his AMV "Just for a Day". The song is Beautiful Day by U2, and he uses a multitude of anime, including Bleach, Tsukihime, Full Metal Panic, and The Girl who Leapt Through Time. You can grab it here (and I highly recommend you do).
Originality: 7/10 - While I don't believe I've seen an AMV use this song (or at least, use this song in this manner) the video uses some of the more popular scenes out there. A number of these particular shots have been used in at least a dozen different AMVs that I can think of off the top of my head.
Video: 10/10 - Amazing quality. Nothing ruins an AMV like bad visuals, glad to see the effort was put to keep the quality as high as possible.
Sound: 10/10 - beautiful; as another major part of an AMV, it's good to see that effort was put towards keeping high quality audio.
Sync: 9.5/10 - Everything syncs up beautifully; that being said I would have liked to have seen some different anime here and there other than 5 Centimeters Per Second, Beyond the Clouds, and so on. Regardless of my nitpicks on what i feel is the overuse of different series, the video clips fit absolutely amazingly well with the music.
Digital Effects: 9/10 - one or two effects were a little distracting, but overall they added greatly to the overall quality of the video.
Effort: 10/10 - amazing job, hope to see more soon!
Re-view: 10/10 - video is almost always on, I have sent the link to a few people, hope to show it to as many people as possible.
Overall: 9.5/10 - awesome, awesome video. The quality and overall feel of the video is just amazing. U2 is one of my favorite bands so it's nice to see a really good AMV done with one of their songs as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment